Tanjung Bungah Shopping
Where to Shop and What to Buy in Tanjung Bungah
There are two main spots in Tanjung Bungah when it comes to shopping – both at the opposite ends of the spectrum - one is a sprawling, modern mall and the other a traditional, humble market. Even though the mall isn’t exactly in Tanjung Bungah itself (Tanjung Bungah doesn’t have any mall yet), it is situated close enough in Tanjung Tokong, just next door to Tanjung Bungah.
- Penang Temple & Night Market Tour
- Penang Round Island Tour
- Penang Hill & Temple Tour (4 Seats)
- Penang Half Day Experience
- Penang Night Tour by Sedan Car
- Heritage Tour + Trishaw Ride + Night Market Tour (7-8 Hours)
- Pulau Payar Marine Park (From Penang)
- Jungle Walk with BBQ @ Penang National Park
- Jungle Walk @ Penang National Park
- Sunset Penang Cruise
Housing more than 150 retailers, Island Plaza is located in Tanjung Tokong, just a stone’s throw away from Tanjung Bungah. The mall carries a good mix of local, regional and international retailers such as Naf Naf, British India and Adidas. The event area on the ground floor is always filled with all sorts of activities and exhibitions arranged by the mall’s management. Outside the mall, across the busy main road, are rows of shophouses.
Highlight: British India, Naf Naf, Adidas, Nike, Giordano, Guess, Fila & Metrojaya
- Opening Hours: Daily, 10:00 – 22:00
- Address: Jalan Tanjung Tokong, Tanjung Tokong
- Tel: (604) 890 8888
Straits Quay Mall
Sitting on reclaimed land, the newly opened Straits Quay is a behemoth complex that plays host to a host of shopping and entertainment venues. Developed by the same folks of the grandiose Eastern & Oriental Hotel, international retail names sit beside local brands here but it’s the variety of F&B outlets that will tickle your fancy. For that perfect Guinness pint head to Weissbrau German Bar and Bistro or stop over at Finnegan’s Irish Pub & Restaurant – winner of the 2010 Best Pub Grub at Time Out Kuala Lumpur’s Food Awards.
- Location: Seri Tanjung Pinang
- Tel: +604 890 6521
Tanjung Bungah Night Market
Operating only once a week, every Tuesday night, Tanjung Bungah Night Market is quite popular with the locals, as well as curious visitors. Located near one of the town’s bus terminals, the lively night market is deemed the longest in Penang, surrounding the day market area. You can find all sorts of items here, from pets to gadgets, and as it is with all night markets, you can bargain for an even lower price.
- Opening Hours: Every Tuesday, 18:00 – 22:30
- Location: At the end of Lebuh Sg. Kelian (near Menara Asas & the bus terminal near CIMB building).
Best Selling Hotels In Tanjung Bungah