Where to Shop and What to Buy in Penang
During its heydays as a duty-free island, Penang drew multitudes of people hungry for shopping adventures. Although Langkawi has taken over the duty-free status once held by penang, the island has not lost its lustre.
From shopping malls to night markets and antique shops to cultural areas, Penang has the whole gamut of commodities for sale. During the annual nationwide shopping festivals in August, Penang becomes a massive hub of commercial excitement as locals and tourists flock to cash in on the shopping boom.
Bargaining is the culture here. When it comes to shops and stalls, do your best to haggle for the best price. There's no price that can't be lowered down with the proper know-how and bargaining. And if the price doesn't suit you, always look around elsewhere!Read More
- Traditional English Afternoon Tea at the Eastern & Oriental Hotel
- City Half-Day Tour
- EZhopper Sightseeing Bus Pass
- Georgetown by Night Tour
- Island Half-Day Tour
- Private Penang Hill & Temple
- Heritage Trishaw Tour
- Private Penang Hill & High Tea at David Brown's Restaurant
- Botanic Gardens & Tropical Spice Garden Tour
- Penang Hill & Kek Lok Si Temple Tour