The best affordable hotels in Georgetown offer a combination of comfort, convenience, charming hospitality, and excellent location – all at a fraction of the price of a five-star establishment. Each year, throngs of travellers flock to the UNESCO World Heritage Site to visit its many unique architecture, museums and centuries-old temples, as well as quaint street art, vintage stores, and tantalising local delicacies.
Ideal for backpackers and budget-conscious travellers, the best affordable Georgetown hotels also offer easy access to other popular locales in Penang thanks to its network of efficient public transport links such as city buses, trishaws, and taxis. Read on to discover our absolute favourites and start planning your holiday in this vibrant city!
- Traditional English Afternoon Tea at the Eastern & Oriental Hotel
- City Half-Day Tour
- EZhopper Sightseeing Bus Pass
- Georgetown by Night Tour
- Island Half-Day Tour
- Private Penang Hill & Temple
- Heritage Trishaw Tour
- Private Penang Hill & High Tea at David Brown's Restaurant
- Botanic Gardens & Tropical Spice Garden Tour
- Penang Hill & Kek Lok Si Temple Tour