Penang Hot Air Balloon Fiesta 2016 is a two-day event that takes place in Georgetown’s Padang Polo, where visitors can enjoy fun-filled activities and marvel at cool hot air balloons floating in the sky. Similar to Adirondack Hot Air Balloon Festival in the US, expect to see an array of unique designs such as a gigantic ice-cream cone, an orange, and a space rocket.
Held on 9th and 10th February, the event features 15 hot air balloons from the US, Belgium, Thailand, South Korea, and Netherlands. Best of all, you can also enjoy a vertigo-inducing ride in one of the three tethered balloons or explore the interior of a cold inflation balloon.
- Traditional English Afternoon Tea at the Eastern & Oriental Hotel
- City Half-Day Tour
- EZhopper Sightseeing Bus Pass
- Georgetown by Night Tour
- Island Half-Day Tour
- Private Penang Hill & Temple
- Heritage Trishaw Tour
- Private Penang Hill & High Tea at David Brown's Restaurant
- Botanic Gardens & Tropical Spice Garden Tour
- Penang Hill & Kek Lok Si Temple Tour
An array of family-friendly activities will also be held at Penang Hot Air Balloon Fiesta 2016, including inflatable playgrounds, archery, creative workshops, photography and colouring contest, and paramotor performances. Lastly, both days end with an impressive showcase of hot air balloons lining up across the field. Each balloon is then illuminated while the sun sets in the background, resulting in stunning photo opportunities.
Entrance to Penang Hot Air Balloon Fiesta 2016 is free of charge while entry fees for the tethered balloons and cold inflation balloon are priced at RM25 and RM5 respectively. As the tethered rides are one of the biggest highlights of the event, we highly recommend heading to the ticketing booth early to avoid a long queue.
Penang Hot Air Balloon Fiesta 2016
- Opening Hours: 9th & 10th February, 2016, 06:00 – 21:00
- Location: Padang Polo, Georgetown, Penang
- Price Range: Free for general admission, RM25 for tethered balloon ride, RM5 for cold inflation balloon