Penang Island enjoys a warm equatorial climate just like any other parts of Malaysia. However, being an island, its temperature is often higher than the mainland, with temperatures reaching as high as 35°C during the day. In general, temperatures range between 29°C - 35 during the day and 26°C - 29°C during the night, with the months June to August being the hottest.
Visitors to Penang can expect sunshine throughout most of the days, but with rainfalls in the evenings during periods of monsoon winds. The wettest periods are from April to May and from October to November. While generally free from natural disasters, Penang Island was once hit by the Acheh tsunami in 2004, causing the authorities to implement tsunami warning measures along the beaches. Otherwise, Penang Island remains a safe place to visit weather-wise all year round. Just don’t forget your sunblock – the higher the SPF, the better.
- Traditional English Afternoon Tea at the Eastern & Oriental Hotel
- City Half-Day Tour
- EZhopper Sightseeing Bus Pass
- Georgetown by Night Tour
- Island Half-Day Tour
- Private Penang Hill & Temple
- Heritage Trishaw Tour
- Private Penang Hill & High Tea at David Brown's Restaurant
- Botanic Gardens & Tropical Spice Garden Tour
- Penang Hill & Kek Lok Si Temple Tour