Yahong Art Gallery is the largest arts and crafts centre in Penang. Displaying works by Malaysian and Asian artists, it is divided into four sections: the Art Gallery, Handicrafts, Batik and Jewellery & Antiques centres. It is best known for housing the artworks of Chuah Thean Teng.
Teng is billed at the father of modern batik printing: the upper levels of Yahong Art Gallery prominently display his original works plus those of his sons, Chuah Siew Kek, Chuah Seow Keng and Chuah Siew Teng.
- Traditional English Afternoon Tea at the Eastern & Oriental Hotel
- City Half-Day Tour
- EZhopper Sightseeing Bus Pass
- Georgetown by Night Tour
- Island Half-Day Tour
- Private Penang Hill & Temple
- Heritage Trishaw Tour
- Private Penang Hill & High Tea at David Brown's Restaurant
- Botanic Gardens & Tropical Spice Garden Tour
- Penang Hill & Kek Lok Si Temple Tour
Besides Teng’s batik prints, the displays at Yahong Art Gallery range from batik works by other artists to beautiful Chinese jewellery, antiques, pewter works and water colour, Chinese ink and oil prints.
In addition to that, other noteworthy exhibits include an ancient Malaysian medicine horn, a Sarawak tribal chief's staff, an exquisite Chinese cloisonné, Chinese tile pictures and more. Also when you visit the gallery, be sure to catch a demonstration on batik printing and pick up some pewter products and batik apparel as souvenirs.
Yahong Art Gallery
- Address: 58-D, Batu Ferringhi, 11100 Penang
- Tel: +604 881 1251