St. Anne’s Church is best known as the centre of pilgrimage for the annual St. Anne’s Feast in Malaysia. It started out as a small chapel built by visiting priest Fr. Adolphe Couellan in 1846. Today it is a sprawling complex, able to seat up to 1,800, with beautiful stained glass windows.
Named after St. Anne (mother of the Virgin Mary), the celebrations held here in July every year for St. Anne’s Feast draw Roman Catholics from all over Peninsular Malaysia, bringing the generally sleepy town of Bukit Mertajam to life. The event culminates with two nights of candlelit procession with devotees singing hymns as they walk on and around the church grounds.
- Traditional English Afternoon Tea at the Eastern & Oriental Hotel
- City Half-Day Tour
- EZhopper Sightseeing Bus Pass
- Georgetown by Night Tour
- Island Half-Day Tour
- Private Penang Hill & Temple
- Heritage Trishaw Tour
- Private Penang Hill & High Tea at David Brown's Restaurant
- Botanic Gardens & Tropical Spice Garden Tour
- Penang Hill & Kek Lok Si Temple Tour