Bayan Lepas Attractions
What to See in Bayan Lepas
Bayan Lepas may be a predominantly industrial area, but it also has plenty of noteworthy attractions that are worth your while. The War Museum on top of Bukit Maung gives you a glimpse of the nation’s bloody past with its well-preserved fortress and historical relics.
For a temple with a difference, head on to the Snake Temple at Sungai Kluang, where you can get a chance to take a picture with its slithery residents. Or if your interest is more towards natural history, then a visit to the Penang Aquarium and the Bukit Jambul Orchid & Hibiscus Garden is a must.
- Traditional English Afternoon Tea at the Eastern & Oriental Hotel
- City Half-Day Tour
- EZhopper Sightseeing Bus Pass
- Georgetown by Night Tour
- Island Half-Day Tour
- Private Penang Hill & Temple
- Heritage Trishaw Tour
- Private Penang Hill & High Tea at David Brown's Restaurant
- Botanic Gardens & Tropical Spice Garden Tour
- Penang Hill & Kek Lok Si Temple Tour
Attractions in Bayan Lepas
Discover a world of marine wonders at the Fisheries Research Institute Aquarium, otherwise known as the Penang Aquarium. Housing a total of 25 fish tanks in its darkened aquarium area, you can catch some pretty exotic species live here such as the moray eel, the lion fish and the giant catfish. Adjacent to the indoor aquarium is an open-air garden housing a koi and carp pond, a turtle pool and some tanks containing invertebrates such as starfish and anemones.
- Opening Hours: Daily, 10:00 – 17:00, closed on Wednesdays
- Location: Off Jalan Batu Maung (near the War Museum, opposite the Batu Maung Post Office)
- Tel: (604) 626 3925