Gurney Drive Nightlife
What to Do at Night in Gurney Drive
Even though nightlife in Gurney Drive is usually associated with food courts and hawker stalls that come to life only at night, there are still a number of bars that are popular after-dark hangouts.
They’re all lined along one side of the Esplanade, making bar hopping easier for patrons wishing to have a good time not just in one place.
- Traditional English Afternoon Tea at the Eastern & Oriental Hotel
- City Half-Day Tour
- EZhopper Sightseeing Bus Pass
- Georgetown by Night Tour
- Island Half-Day Tour
- Private Penang Hill & Temple
- Heritage Trishaw Tour
- Private Penang Hill & High Tea at David Brown's Restaurant
- Botanic Gardens & Tropical Spice Garden Tour
- Penang Hill & Kek Lok Si Temple Tour
75°C Restaurant & Bar
Serving a delightful array of Continental favourites, 75°C Restaurant & Bar is a stylish and trendy bistro with specialties such as Hamburger Delight and Rib-eye Steak. Offering value for money, there’s also a bar area serving drinks with intriguing-sounding names such as Michael Jackson and Dawn of the Beauty (75°C’s signature beverage).
- Opening Hours: Daily, 11:00 – 02:00
- Address: 75 Gurney Drive
- Tel: (604) 227 3775
- Cuisine: Continental
A hip and happening lifestyle bar and lounge, G Spot is Gurney Drive’s hottest nightspot. Serving cocktails and international collection of wines and liquors, the vibrant bar also features live jazz music to set you in the mood for a fun-filled evening.
- Opening Hours: Monday – Thursday 20:00 – 01:00, Friday & Saturday 20:00 – 03:00
- Address: First Floor, G Hotel, Gurney Drive (next to Gurney Plaza)
With a cool and casual ambience, Martini Café is the perfect place to have a quiet drink. True to its name, the bar serves a wide range of martinis as well as the standard cocktails. Ladies get a free glass of featured cocktail on Ladies’ Night.
- Opening Hours: Daily, 19:00 – 01:00
- Location: Gurney Drive
The BAR'N Gurney Plaza
The BAR'N Gurney Plaza is a stylish bistro that specialises in tapas and western fare, paired with an extensive list of alcoholic beverages. Located on the ground floor of Gurney Plaza Shopping Centre, the establishment is divided into a sleek bar section, an al fresco space that overlooks Gurney Drive promenade, and a non-smoking dining section that’s ideal for families. Standout dishes include oven-roasted baby back pork ribs, Australian ribeye steak, and crispy pork belly. The BARN Gurney Plaza also hosts a wine buffet between 17:00 and 21:00 on Sunday, where you can sample six types of red and white wines from prominent vineyards across the world.
- Opening Hours: Daily 12:00 – 01:00
- Address: GP-170-G-43, Gurney Plaza, Penang
- Tel: +604 229 0763