Tanjung Bungah Restaurants & Dining
Where and What to Eat in Tanjung Bungah
Plenty of dining options are available in Tanjung Bungah. From Indian to German cuisine and from shoplot restaurants to food courts, you are sure to find whatever your tastebuds fancy, even though the options may not be as wide and as varied as George Town.
Nevertheless, the food here are just as tasty if not more, as most of the restaurants adopt a homemade approach to their offerings.
- Traditional English Afternoon Tea at the Eastern & Oriental Hotel
- City Half-Day Tour
- EZhopper Sightseeing Bus Pass
- Georgetown by Night Tour
- Island Half-Day Tour
- Private Penang Hill & Temple
- Heritage Trishaw Tour
- Private Penang Hill & High Tea at David Brown's Restaurant
- Botanic Gardens & Tropical Spice Garden Tour
- Penang Hill & Kek Lok Si Temple Tour
Prettily decorated with fairy lights and white chairs, Annabelle’s Place is a cosy and charming little eatery serving pastas, sandwiches and some local fare such as fried rice. Their English Tea sets are considered their specialties, while their Ocean Delight, which is stuffed crabs baked with cheese, is a must-try.
- Opening Hours: Tuesday – Saturday 11:30 – 14:30 & 16:30 – 22:30, Sunday 09:00 – 22:30. Closed on Mondays.
- Address: 10 Lebuh Lembah Permai 4, Tanjung Bungah (within Casa Permai 2 housing area)
- Tel: (604) 890 1098
- Cuisine: Pasta, sandwiches, English tea sets
Blue Reef Fish & Chips
Offering great-tasting food in a child-friendly environment, Blue Reef Fish & Chips is quite a legend when it comes to good, wholesome meals that don’t break the bank. Fresh seafood is their specialty, with their signature dishes, Fish & Chips and Aglio Oglio pasta, proving to be firm favourites with the dining crowd. Vegetarian versions of some of the dishes are also available, as well as dishes for the health-conscious.
- Opening Hours: Tuesday – Sunday 11:30 – 14:30 & 18:30 – 22:20; closed on Mondays
- Address: Permai 32, No. 22 Lebuh Lembah Permai 4
- Tel: (604) 899 9128
- Cuisine: Fresh seafood, pasta, western, fusion
Crab Village Restaurant
Located just a stone’s throw away from the Floating Mosque, Crab Village Restaurant is quite popular among fans of seafood. With a roofed al fresco dining area and an air-conditioned dining hall, this restaurant offers a huge selection of fresh seafood. Its Sweet & Sour Clams comes highly recommended and is perfect for a starter to any dish.
- Address: 547 Mukim 18, Tanjung Bungah (near the Floating Mosque)
- Tel: (604) 899 1551
- Cuisine: Fresh seafood
Ingolf’s Kneipe German Restaurant
Offering satisfying portions and reasonable prices, Ingolf’s Kneipe German Restaurant is quite popular among the locals and visitors to Tanjung Bungah. Serving deliciously authentic German cuisine, Ingolf’s Kneipe also has a bar area on the ground floor serving a variety of beers on tap. Among its specialties are German Sylte Pork Curry Sausages and Grilled Chicken with Mushroom Sauce.
- Opening Hours: uesday – Saturday 12:00 – 14:30 & 19:00 – 22:30, Sunday 15:00 – 22:30, closed on Monday
- Address: 1F Jalan Sungai Kelian, Tanjung Bungah
- Tel: (604) 899 5796
- Cuisine: German
Medan Selera Mutiara (Mutiara Food Court)
A popular hawker centre in Tanjung Bungah, Medan Selera Mutiara features a cluster of stalls offering all sorts of hawker delights, each with its own specialty. From satay to Western food, you can be sure to find an abundance of options here. The food court mainly opens for business at night, but there are a limited amount of stalls operating during the day as well.
- Opening Hours: Night only, 18:30 - Late
- Location: Corner of Jalan Tanjung Bungah & Jalan Sungai Kelian (near a row of shophouses where Ingolf’s Kneipe Restaurant and Vintage Bulgaria Restaurant are)
- Type: Hawker fare
Mom’s Kitchen Thai Cuisine
Tucked away in a cosy neighbourhood, Mom’s Kitchen Thai Cuisine is considered a must-visit restaurant for visitors to this island. Featuring honest-to-goodness authentic Thai cuisine, all dishes are made from scratch and reasonably priced. Its signature dishes, Pineapple Fried Rice and Stuffed Chicken Wings, are not to be missed.
- Opening Hours: Tuesday – Sunday 11:30 – 14:30 & 18:00 – 22:00, closed on Mondays
- Address: Permai 32, 12A Lebuh Lembah Permai 4, Tanjung Bungah
- Tel: (604) 890 0787
- Cuisine: Thai
Sri Ananda Bahwan
Specialising in South Indian cuisine, Sri Ananda Bahwan is a popular franchise in Penang. The spacious and welcoming family restaurant offers fine food and attentive service in a relaxed ambience, and also serves some Western and Chinese dishes for variety. There are also vegetarian options for those who don’t take meat.
- Opening Hours: Daily, 07:00 – Late
- Address: No. 14 Jalan Tanjung Bungah (directly opposite Paradise Sandy Beach Resort)
- Tel: 604) 890 9771/012 473 5981
- Cuisine: Indian, Western & Chinese
The No Eye Deer
Featuring thick, tender and juicy rib-eye steak served with homemade mashed potato as the star dish, The No Eye Deer reputedly serves the best steaks in town. Other specialties such as Laotian Laksa, Chicken Parmagiana, Mutton Rogen Josh, Fish & Chips, Chicken Kapitan Bryani and Caveman’s Platter will also whip your appetite into a frenzy.
- Opening Hours: Weekdays 18:00 – 23:00, weekends 12:00 – 11:00. Closed on Tuesdays.
- Address: 98-1-26 Jalan Fettes, Tanjung Tokong
- Tel: (604) 04 899 0488
- Cuisine: Steaks, Continental, Indian, Asian, Fusion
Vintage Bulgaria Restaurant & Bar
Featuring a rustic décor reminiscent of a Bulgarian cottage, Vintage Bulgaria Restaurant & Bar serves a scrumptious selection of Bulgarian cuisine. With signature dishes such as Chicken Schnitzel and Platter Bulgaria, the restaurant is set to charm you with its many offerings, even if you’ve never tasted Bulgarian food before!
- Opening Hours: Monday – Friday 15:00 – 00:00, Saturday & Sunday 12:00 – 00:00
- Address: 1E Jalan Sungai Kelian, Tanjong Bungah
- Tel: (604) 898 1890
- Cuisine: Bulgarian