Bayan Lepas Restaurants & Dining
Where and What to Eat in Bayan Lepas
Dining in Bayan Lepas is an international affair. There are plenty of options available here, from local cuisine to international specialties.
For fans of Italian food, there’s Bravo Italiana, while fans of South-East Asian cuisine will feel very much at home in Golden Triangle Restaurant and DAORAE Korean BBQ Restaurant. Those craving for some authentic Malay cuisine can head for the humble Restoran Mak Long in Batu Maung, while those watching their budget can opt for the highly-affordable set meals at OXO Cafélab.
- Traditional English Afternoon Tea at the Eastern & Oriental Hotel
- City Half-Day Tour
- EZhopper Sightseeing Bus Pass
- Georgetown by Night Tour
- Island Half-Day Tour
- Private Penang Hill & Temple
- Heritage Trishaw Tour
- Private Penang Hill & High Tea at David Brown's Restaurant
- Botanic Gardens & Tropical Spice Garden Tour
- Penang Hill & Kek Lok Si Temple Tour
DAORAE Korean BBQ Restaurant
Offering authentic Korean cuisine, DAORAE Korean BBQ Restaurant features an impressive barbeque meats list ranging from seafood to beef, all tender and grilled to perfection. The a la carte menu is also worth trying, with Savoury Seafood Pajeon and Kimchi Fried Rice being firm favourites among patrons. With great food and great service at its helm, this place is almost always packed, so it’s best to make a reservation first before heading here.
- Opening Hours: Daily, 11:30 – 15:00 & 18:00 – 23:00
- Address: 15-2-G, 2-1 & 2-2 Bayan Point, Medan Kg. Relau, Bayan Lepas
- Tel: (604) 640 2616
- Cuisine: Korean
Golden Triangle Restaurant
Located within the sprawling Queensbay Mall, Golden Triangle Restaurant is famed for its authentic Thai, Vietnamese and Laotian cuisine. In order to maintain the authenticity of its offerings, the cooks in this restaurant are all flown in from Thailand, Vietnam and Laos. Specialties include the tom yum, the Vietnamese fried spring roll and the Thai choo chi dried curry.
- Opening Hours: Daily, 11:30 – 22:30
- Address: 3F – 22A, 3rd Floor, Queensbay Mall, Persiaran Bayan Indah, Bayan Lepas
- Tel: (604) 644 0969
- Cuisine: Thai, Vietnamese & Laotian
Featuring a funky red, white and black colour scheme, OXO Cafélab’s offerings are just as interesting as its looks. Serving a wide variety of dishes from Western to Asian favourites, the restaurant also does extremely affordable set lunches and set dinners. Breakfast is served from 08:00 to 11:00.
- Opening Hours: Daily, 08:00 – 01:00
- Address: Block G-32, Persiaran Bayan Indah, Bayan Lepas
- Tel: (604) 646 6881
- Cuisine: Asian, Western
Restoran Mak Long
Serving typical Malay kampong-style dishes, Restoran Mak Long is popular among the locals and those who would like to sample a slice of authentic Malay cuisine.
There are more than 30 pick-and-mix dishes served at one time, which are simple yet delicious. What’s special about this restaurant is the homely atmosphere it projects, as well as the consistency in food quality, making people keep coming back for more once they’ve had a taste of its offerings.
- Opening Hours: Daily, 11:00 – 22:00
- Address: 45, 47-01 Lintang Batu Maung, Bayan Lepas
- Tel: (604) 626 5212
- Cuisine: Malay