Batu Ferringhi Restaurants & Dining
Where and What to Eat in Batu Ferringhi
A host of dining options is available right in Batu Ferringhi. From posh dining outlets to humble roadside restaurants, all of them offer great-tasting food at prices that are not too straining on the pocket.
There are also plenty of choices in terms of the types of food one can find here; from Indian to Middle East cuisine, one would be spoilt for choice.
- Traditional English Afternoon Tea at the Eastern & Oriental Hotel
- City Half-Day Tour
- EZhopper Sightseeing Bus Pass
- Georgetown by Night Tour
- Island Half-Day Tour
- Private Penang Hill & Temple
- Heritage Trishaw Tour
- Private Penang Hill & High Tea at David Brown's Restaurant
- Botanic Gardens & Tropical Spice Garden Tour
- Penang Hill & Kek Lok Si Temple Tour
Surrounded by green foliage and set amidst a picturesque landscape, Feringghi Garden charms with both its looks and offerings. Serving fusion Continental cuisine that incorporates some Eastern elements, the restaurant pleases the eyes and the palate like no other. Drinks are uniquely served in slanting glasses, while a mini waterfall in the background provides a soothing dining experience.
- Location: opposite Yahong Art Gallery
- Address: 34-C Jalan Batu Feringghi
- Tel: (604) 881 1193
- Cuisine: Local, western and seafood menu is affordably priced.
Feringgi Grill at Shangri La Rasa Rayang Resort & Spa is a fine dining restaurant that proves Penang is not without sophisticated establishments. Providing more than just good food, its ultra luxe ambiance as well as friendly, unobtrusive service makes this a memorable experience to share with family or friends.
Set in Shangri La Rasa Rayang Resort & Spa, this seasoned heavyweight puts out a menu of fusion cuisine that does not disappoint, with the kitchen headed by the talented Chef Matthias Tretbar, a well known name in the local culinary scene. Meanwhile, the menu is a failsafe mix of fantastic fusion food with a bit of everything for a Read More...
- Opening Hours: 18:30 – 22:30
- Address: Shangri-La Rasa’s Sayang Resort & Spa, Rasa Wing lobby, Mezzanine floor, Jalan Batu Ferringhi
- Tel: +604 888 8888
Fruit of Lebanon Restaurant
One of the most popular restaurants along the famous tourist belt, Fruit of Lebanon serves not just Middle-Eastern fare, but also some Malaysian, Western and Italian dishes. Its cocktail doesn’t contain any alcohol, and is made of a delicious concoction of apple, orange, pineapple and strawberry juices. The unique Turkish coffee is worth a try, as well as shisha-smoking in a variety of flavours.
- Opening Hours: Daily, 14:00 – 00:00
- Address: 109-A, Jalan Batu Feringghi
- Tel: (604) 881 3228
- Cuisine: Lebanese
Golden Thai Seafood Village
Always packed to the brim with hoardes of tourists, Golden Thai Seafood Village is marked by sharp, pointed roofs reminiscent of traditional Malay houses over reddish-brown wooden exterior. Serving seafood of every imaginable variety straight from the tanks, from fish to crustaceans, the restaurant has an extensive a la carte menu with a variety of cooking styles. There’s also a stage for cultural shows to accompany your dinner.
- Highlights: Cultural Performance : started on 8.30pm - 9.30pm
- Opening Hours: Daily, 11:00 – 24:00
- Location: Next to The Ship
- Remarks: 36 Live Seafood Tanks, Beautiful Sunset View & Dine in the Ambience of Soothing Background Music.
- Address: 69-A, Jalan Batu Ferringhi, 11100 Penang, Malaysia
- Tel: +604-8811 362 / +6016-336 0777
- Cuisine: Seafood and pork free authentic Oriental & Thai Cuisine
Jewel of the North
Deemed one of the original Indian restaurants in Penang, Jewel of the North is an open-air establishment most famed for its spicy yet delectable curries. With prices as good as the taste, you can afford to come here every night if only to sample the different types of curries that they have. Aside from Indian cuisine, they also serve Chinese, Western, Malay and Arabic dishes.
- Location: at the other end of the road, towards Teluk Bahang, near Golden Sands Resort
- Address: Jalan Batu Feringghi
- Tel: (604) 881 3376
- Cuisine: Indian
Serving authentic Italian cuisine for over 9 years, Mario Ristorante prides itself on the quality of both its service and offerings, prepared by Chef Guiseppe all the way from Italy. Blending local and Italian ingredients to capture the unique flavours of Italy, the restaurant features a wide variety of meats, seafood, pizza and pasta. The Clam Chowder Soup served in a homemade sour-dough bread bowl comes highly recommended.
- Opening Hours: Daily, 08:30 – 23:30
- Location: opposite Shangri-La’s Rasa Sayang Hotel
- Address: 152-B, Jalan Batu Feringgi
- Tel: (604) 881 3775
- Cuisine: Italian
Matsu restaurant is one of Penang’s best kept secrets, offering a menu of delicious contemporary Japanese cuisine. Set in Lone Pine Hotelalong Jalan Batu Ferringhi, it is an equally good choice for simple sushi, sashimi and soba noodles, or a complete kaiseki experience.
A meal here is perfect for a night out with friends in tow and you can expect to find a selection of faultlessly fresh sushi and sashimi that is thickly-sliced, fashionably presented, deftly westernised and designed to tempt your tastebuds. Adding to the pleasure of dining here is the fact that waiting staff could not be nicer – it really lends the place a friendly, welcoming Read More...
- Opening Hours: 18:30 – 23:00
- Address: Lone Pine Hotel 97, Jalan Batu Ferringhi 11100
- Tel: +604 886 8686
Marked by a ‘tarbush’ (Middle-Eastern top hat) sitting atop a huge tent-like rooftop, Tarbush brings dining experience to another level. With a menu that consists of primarily Lebanese and Arabic cuisine, the restaurant brings authentic Middle-Eastern fare to you, using only the freshest and finest ingredients. Made up of two levels, it offers guests a choice of air-conditioned or al fresco dining.
- Location: next to The Ship
- Address: Lot 4134, Section 1, Jalan Batu Ferringi
- Tel: (604) 885 2558
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern, Lebanese
Formerly known as 68 Kelawei, The Eclectic is part of the group that brings you the well-known Thirty Two at The Mansion, so you could imagine what the quality is like in terms of ambience and food. Tastefully-decorated, the restaurant provides a enchanting dining experience with live band performance every Friday and Saturday and a range of mouthwatering Western cuisine, which includes the magnificent Brazilian spit roast.
- Location: opposite Shangri-La’s Rasa Sayang Hotel
- Address: 149 Jalan Batu Feringghi
- Tel: (604) 881 4287
- Cuisine: Fusion Western
Reputedly serving – as its tagline proudly proclaims – “The Best Steaks in Town”, The Ship’s eye-catching exterior and interior aren’t the only good things about this restaurant. Shaped like a large wooden vessel, The Ship serves a wide range of delicious Western offerings prepared using only the choicest and freshest ingredients. This award-winning restaurant features a maritime theme complete with captains and crews in charming uniforms.
- Opening Hours: Monday - Sunday 12:00 – 01:00
- Address: 69-B, Jalan Batu Feringghi
- Tel: Western, steaks
- Cuisine: Western, steaks
The Spice Market Café is a casual all-day restaurant in Shangri La’s Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa that offers a great spread of Baba Nyonya, Chinese, Indian, Japanese, Thai and western dishes in the form of a diverse buffet. Its utterly timeless and rustic interior design makes any other positive features about this café almost a bonus, so the unmatched food flavours from all around the world are certainly a treat. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 07:00 – 22:00
- Address: Shangri-La Rasa’s Sayang Resort & Spa, Garden Wing, Lobby Level, Jalan Batu Ferringhi
- Tel: +604 888 8888