Seberang Perai Activities
What to Do in Seberang Perai
When you are in Penang, there is one activities that you shouldn't miss out! Enjoy the cool breeze and view of the mainland and Georgetown from a very cheap version of a Cruise.
Yet this is a good way to experience the nostalgic moments when you are in the ferry boat.
- Traditional English Afternoon Tea at the Eastern & Oriental Hotel
- City Half-Day Tour
- EZhopper Sightseeing Bus Pass
- Georgetown by Night Tour
- Island Half-Day Tour
- Private Penang Hill & Temple
- Heritage Trishaw Tour
- Private Penang Hill & High Tea at David Brown's Restaurant
- Botanic Gardens & Tropical Spice Garden Tour
- Penang Hill & Kek Lok Si Temple Tour
Penang Ferry Service is the oldest ferry service in Malaysia. The ferry terminal is conveniently connected with the railway station and bus terminal via covered walkways - a rare example of good public transport planning in Malaysia. Caution when using the toilets.
The trip across the 3km channel takes about 20 minutes. There's great photo opportunities both of the landscape and the birdlife that make the most of the free ride and the tourists handing out food.
On a real humid day, this is one very inexpensive way of beating the heat as the cooler sea breezes flow through the relatively open ferry.
- Opening Hours: Every day, 6am - 12 Midnight (last departure will be at 11.30pm).
- Tel: +604-310 2360
- How to get there: You may take the ferry from Georgetown Ferry Terminal or Butterworth Ferry Terminal at Butterworth.