A Day Trip to Pulau Jerejak
Located just off the island’s south-east is a lush tropical island with a rich and colourful historical past. Once a place where some of the country’s most dangerous criminals were banished, earning it the nickname ‘Malaysia’s Alcatraz’), Pulau Jerejak has been developed into a major tourist attraction, with a resort, a Spa and a number of recreational facilities available for visitors to this island. The island’s jungle, one of the few remaining rainforests in Malaysia, is said to be more than 400 years old, and has hundreds of flora and fauna species to-date. There is a ferry service from the Pantai Jerejak terminal in Bayan Lepas, which takes visitors to and from the island daily.
- Opening Hours: Daily, 06:30 – 22:30. Return trip from the island is from 07:30 – 23:30 (Ferry)
- Location: South-East Penang, Bayan Lepas
- Tel: (604) 658 7111
Bukit Jambul Country Club
Measuring 130 acres, the Bukit Jambul Country Club has established itself as one of the country’s top golf clubs since its inception in 1984. Playing host to some international golfing events such as the 31st Malaysian Open in 1992, the golf course is situated on a hilltop, according stunning panoramic views of the island and its surrounds. Its stunning 18-hole golf course measuring nearly 6000 metres was designed by the renowned designer, Robert Trent Jones Jr.
- Opening Hours: The Clubhouse is open from 07:00 – 22:00 daily. Visitors are allowed to play from 08:00 on weekdays and from 10:30 – 13:00 & 14:30 onwards on weekends and public holidays
- Address: No. 2, Jalan Bukit Jambul, Bayan Lepas (near Hotel Equatorial)
- Tel: (604) 644 2255
Golden Screen Cinema @ Queensbay Mall
For those who wouldn’t want to miss the latest releases in the cinema, there’s the Golden Screen Cinema in Queensbay Mall. The second flagship cinema in Penang after the one in Gurney Plaza, GSC Queensbay Mall boasts eight theatre halls with 1,512 seating capacity. This cinema is also disabled-friendly with two special allocated spaces for wheelchairs in each of its theatre halls, plus a designated wheelchair ramp in selected halls for easy access.
- Address: 3F-50, 3rd Floor, Queensbay Mall, 100 Persiaran Bayan Indah, Bayan Lepas
- Tel: (604) 222 3456
For some TLC after a hard day of shopping or walking around the many attractions of Bayan Lepas, Queensbay Mall has a massage centre on its 2nd floor. Offering leg, hand, head, shoulder and back massage, Reflexology Zone is the first group of massage therapists recognized by the government.
- Address: 2F-03, 2nd Floor, North Zone, Queensbay Mall, 100 Persiaran Bayan Indah, Bayan Lepas (above Maybank)
- Tel: (6016) 411 1178
Staay Young re a team of qualified professionals focused to provide you the most fulfilling experience. Our therapists are passionate about enhancing both your inner and outer beauty. They offer wide range for services exclusively for women....such as Facials, ACNE/EYE treatment, threading, waxing, manicure, pedicure, nail art, herbal hair colouring, scalp treatment, professional make up and much more.
- Opening Hours: Mon: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm; Wed - Sun: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Address: BLOCK D-17-1, Bay Avenue, Lorong Bayan Indah 2, 11900 Bayan Lepas, Penang
- Tel: (604) 6119112